A new 22-story, 244 unit apartment tower and parking garage is being proposed for a prime location in Downtown St. Pete. The new residential project will be situated on the north half of the block between 3rd St. S and 4th St. S and 2nd Ave S. and 3rd Ave S.
Currently, the property is owned by Ken Heretick of Vector Properties and was previously occupied by the crime-ridden Onyx nightclub. Vector Properties’ portion of the block is under contract to be sold to American Land Ventures of Miami, FL, who will develop the new apartment project. American Land Ventures is currently constructing the 18-story AER Apartments directly across the street from where the new ‘Onyx’ apartments will be built. The AER Apartments are scheduled to be complete by March 2016.
The south half of the block, owned by Echelon LLC, will also be developed, however details have not been released yet.
This new project joins a growing list of rental communities currently proposed for the popular Downtown St. Pete area including the following:
- AER Apartments – Under Construction – 18 stories – 358 units
- Hermitage Apartments – Under Construction – 8 stories – 348 units
- Priatek Plaza II Apartments – Proposed – ? stories – 300 units
- Union Trust Apartments – Proposed – 8 stories – ? units
- Grand Bohemian Apartments – Proposed – 35 stories – 306 units
- Onyx Apartments – Proposed – 22 stories – 244 units